Group: The Vault
Gold: 130

Donate

Species: Witch
Affiliation: Neutral
Character Profile
Played By: Revi

Awards: None

It was still quite chilly. Skies were overcast, with a dark gray tinge, showing that it was filled with water that would surely come pouring down in a few hours. Revi had come through the North, to search for Essra. All clues led her here.

Children ran amok through the claybeds. Piles were being thrown, but the little ones seemed to realize that Revi was out of place here, and stayed a distance away from her. Her almond shaped eyes narrowed slightly, as she paused and took in the disgusting sights. What a filthy habitat these humans live in here. The striated caracara stood beside her, looking this way and that, seeing things Revi herself could not at a further distance away.

Essra was a witch that was a part of her clan. She was very dark haired, very youthful looking even for her old age. In fact, she looked to be twelve in human years. Many of the witches in the clan began to turn against her for Essra must have found a fountain of youth, and refused to tell them how she maintained her ability to never age. As with all witch culture, a clan shares everything they have with one another. Essra was a fierce witch, and not one to be messed with. She attempted to become Queen, but the clan refused anything to do with her. Essentially, by not acquiescing to their requests, she extradited herself.

And so she left. But it was no secret that Essra tinkered with more advanced magic that none of the others felt they should touch. It had less to do with nature, and more to do with the universe and science. Revi felt that her footsteps were to lead her, and seeing as the clan's attitude became focused on her for something as little as her daemon's settled form (something she can't even control!), she knew finding Essra would be her only chance at returning to her clan and ruling.

So why was Revi and her daemon here in the claybeds? Among these children hid a witch, a witch who looked to belong. With her extreme magical abilities, Revi doubted she'd find her with her eyesight. Seq may have better luck, but she figured she may as well ask the humans. "You, little one," Revi squatted to be eye level with a very dirty boy, who looked to be about six years old. His sandy colored hair was short and in disarray, clothes stained with clay and mud. His mother would be very upset when he came home. "Have you seen a girl, with very long black hair? Her daemon is a harpy eagle, and it never changes."

The boy pondered for a moment. "Aye no, 'aven't seen someone like that'n ever."

Revi sneered in irritation as she stood immediately, almost knocking the child over. "Wastingmytimebrat..." She looked down at the caracara. "Any luck?"

Seq scoffed, and preened his wing for a moment. "If I did, you would have known by now."
PM
Richard Mackenzie
 Posted: Jan 6 2013, 10:09 PM

I'm all six feet five of solidified handsome.

Group: Admin
Gold: 4825

Donate

Species: Human
Affiliation: Republic of Heaven
Character Profile
Played By: Remus

Richard Mackenzie marched through the claybeds as if he owned the place, occasionally tutting at the "strategies" the kids were using around them. The intelligence quotient of kids these days. When he was their age, his group was running the roost here, and scholars were terrified at their lot.

You mean you ran when you saw them.

Nonsense. I lugged a handful of clay at the Master once. It took him three days to wash it off.

And he gave you three months' detention. Wonder where that came from.

Shut up Morpheusa. You're disturbing my innocent childhood reminisce.

His daemon snorted at the idea. His childhood was anything but innocent. Still, it was charming, looking back at their younger days. She was terrified of being discovered and punished, sure, and there were days where she was utterly convinced that she was the only daemon who possessed the brains of their band of brothers, but over all, it was not a bad way to spend their time on.

Come to think of it, she still was his brains while he was the moron.

Shut up, you stupid oh -

I'm not an oh, Richard! Oh no.

Her human was now staring at a woman.

She would never hear the end of it.

What's a woman doing in the claybeds? Usually they turn tail and run off at the slightest sight of mud. Dirty dresses and all that.

It's really none of our business.

I want to meet her.

He started off without waiting for the white tigress and she scrambled after him.

Don't do THAT! Maybe we should -

"Hello there! How strange to see another adult in the claybeds!"

He smiled and raised a hand in salute as Morpheusa rolled her eyes.

PM
Revika Leithe
 Posted: Jan 28 2013, 12:23 AM

Restless Dæmon

Donate

Character Profile

"But I know she was here, not two days ago," Revi muttered to Seq, as they took turns looking in opposite directions as if Essra or her daemon would suddenly appear. Her disappointment was almost so solid in the air, she felt she could dip her hand into it and eat the essence. The imprints of the magic used here still left a small, wispy trail though it was quickly dwindling.

The children didn't stay frightened for long, and their curiosity soon became dulled once they realized that this particular witch wasn't here to stir the pot. Their wars resumed, and Revi jumped backwards to avoid the flinging mud missiles, bumping into Richard. She turned around, giving a clearly cool apology.

"Hello there! How strange to see another adult in the claybeds!" He stood and had his hand by his forehead. Some kind of human meeting ritual, Revi mused.

"Adult? I suppose you could say that," She said offhandedly.

'Oh look, his daemon is a giant cat thing,' Seq thought to her, the secretary bird stepping forward and bent down somewhat to get a closer look as he tilted his head. His quill feathers were raised about halfway, showing his curiosity. 'We never saw something like that at the island.'

"If it's so strange to see adults in a place filled with children and muck, why are you here?" Revi asked, her eyes finally focusing on the gentleman with an unattached air.
PM
Richard Mackenzie
 Posted: Jan 28 2013, 02:04 AM

Donate

Character Profile

She didn't seem to like being addressed as an adult. Strange, it nearly reminded him of...well, himself. When he was younger. He also noted the way she sidestepped the question.

Why is she avoiding my question? What secrets do these claybeds hold, Morpheusa?

Your shame.

Oh shut you, you.

"I was just walking past the claybeds. I used to study in Jordan's when I was little and I used to wage war in the claybeds as well. The war between the towns folk and the college kids, you know? I come back to the claybeds everytime I'm in Oxford. It's a force of habit now."

He grinned.

"And you?"

PM
Revika Leithe
 Posted: Jan 29 2013, 08:43 AM

Restless Dæmon

Donate

Character Profile

Bored of the conversation already, Revi nodded along absentmindedly until he asked, "And you?"

Her gaze snapped back to Richard and pursed her lips as if she were trying to hold back a terrifying secret. After a few moments passed, she couldn't hold it in anymore and blurted, "Let's make it a game."

Seq stepped back and fluttered his wings in irritation.

'What are you doing? Aren't we on a bit of a time schedule here?'

Revi let a coy smile rise to her lips. "Something like Hide and Seek .. but someone is already hidden, and we need to seek them."

'I have the feeling that this one will want to play.' the witch thought to her companion.

She felt that he was still annoyed, however, and rested a hand on his head, gently brushing his silken feathers. He nudged contentedly upwards into her palm, and the both of these beings felt a sense of togetherness and calm envelop them.
PM
Richard Mackenzie
 Posted: Jan 30 2013, 05:53 PM

Donate

Character Profile

Richard nodded slowly. He hadn't played hide and seek in ages, but wasn't this how his life seemed to be charting its course? Hide from the Magisterium while seeking some hitherto unknown event which may help them?

Something's not quite right, Richard. I can't say what it is but it's not quite right.

If a nice looking lady with some wonderful looking breasts is inviting me to play hide and seek I'm not going to say no.

Not THAT. And this isn't hide and seek, you idiot. This is someone looking for help to find something.

"I suppose I could help you. What're you looking for? Are they in the claybeds?"

Why call it hide and seek? No adult ever calls that hide and seek.

She doesn't look like she's from around here. Hide and seek probably means something else in her language.

Maybe.

PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | The Claybeds | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
RPG Collection Pokemon Enara Murders & Roses London Times Distant Fantasies Synthetic Truth Roleplay Ads The Writers Forum Roleplay Hub Pandora's Ascension New Born Muse 2.0 Obscura The Victors' Spoils Crossed Realms