Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Welcome Back [Lexi]
Richard Mackenzie
 Posted: Jan 26 2013, 12:22 AM

I'm all six feet five of solidified handsome.

Group: Admin
Gold: 4825

Donate

Species: Human
Affiliation: Republic of Heaven
Character Profile
Played By: Remus

Awards: None

Richard and Morpheusa trotted along the street at dawn. Ever since their little adventure through that...window a few weeks ago, a wild curiosity had awakened inside him. He wanted to know more. How was this world possible without daemons? With petting farms and fairs and cars which moved at the speed of light? How was that possible?

His morning walks had come because he couldn't sleep and as his excitement grew, the earlier he would leave the house. Could he find another similar window and enter it without anyone noticing? He didn't need someone reporting this to the Magisterium at the moment.

And how would you explain me, Richard? ME?

I'm from the circus and you're my companion. If it worked once, it's going to work again.

Morpheusa scowled. Her human's obsession to find the window was fast turning to an addiction. Every Saturday and Sunday morning when he didn't have work. This was dangerous to someone with Richard's limited intelligence and immaturity.

Watch it, Morphy.

Your plan is to enter this world and think of a plan to hide me later! That doesn't bode well for my self preservation!

I'll think of it when it happens, Morpheusa.

He trudged along the pavement, looking left and right for something, anything. He was so close to going back into that world and investigating its...

It may not even be the same world! The multiple world theory states that there are multiple worlds! We could be entering a world which could kill us at first sight!

OVER THERE!

Richard ducked down an alleyway and followed a sudden shimmer of light he had noticed out of the corner of his eye. His daemon dashed after him, just knowing that it was another reflection off a store window.

Where's the store reflection now?

One minute later, and he was smirking away at what seemed to be another window in front of them. Morpheusa noted its location carefully, before her human dragged her through the window. They landed beside what seemed to be a road and a few cars zipped past them at once.

Well, fuck.

PM
Lexi Williams
 Posted: Jan 26 2013, 03:18 AM

Restless Dæmon

Group: Members
Gold: 270

Donate

Affiliation: Other
Character Profile
Played By: Ava

The morning was different in many ways. First, her alarm didn't wake her up. Lexi slept in, until her body recognized something was off. With a sudden inhale, her mind registered what had happened and she shot out of bed. Rushing through her kitchen, she abandoned her morning toast and coffee, grabbed her keys off the counter and ran out the door. After unlocking her car, she realized she was still in her pajamas.

Crap.

A hasty ensemble and a quick brush was all she could manage. The first day of that new couture line and she was late. Fantastic. The car sped down the road, humming quietly. The ash colored M4 wasn't too flashy, but it sure wasn't a wagon either. She liked having a quiet car that could get her where she wanted to go. Of course, on the day she was late, one of the farmers had been fixing a fence along the road. She didnt realize there were nails along the road until she heard a loud pop, then a wheezing noise. Great. No problem, she knew how to change a tire.

Stopping, Lexi got out and went to the trunk. What she found was the exact opposite of what she wanted. All the tools, but no tire. She'd made room for some mannequins the night before in preparation.

Deep breath...

Leaning against the trunk, she hung her head and took a moment to compose herself. She could have pulled her phone out and called for help. Could have called Claire and told her she'd be late. But something in her mind drew her eyes upward. A small patch of grass was waving, as if it was being blown around by a breeze. Narrowing her eyes, Lexi went to the front of her car to watch it. There wasn't any wind... Of course. This was around the same spot she saw the bright patch, last night.

She wanted to go forward to look, until a man appeared out of nowhere. And a tiger!

Stumbling back to lean against her hood, she stood in a frozen shock, unable to speak. Holy crap. A tiger.

OOC: Car.
user posted image
PM
Richard Mackenzie
 Posted: Jan 26 2013, 07:08 PM

Donate

Character Profile

Richard stared, slack jawed, at the cars zipping past him. They were faster! Faster than the time he had visited the world before! How was this possible?

This could be a different world.

I don't care. I'm taking one of these things back with me somehow.

What're you going to do? Run after one of them?

Don't be stupid, Morpheusa.

The both of them strolled along the road, Morpheusa trying to make herself as inconspicuous as possible and failing spectacularly. Still, no one noticed her. Maybe this was a new world were there were daemons. This cheered her up considerably.

Until they noticed a car stopping by the side of the road. It was a beauty, though Morpheusa suspected everything in this world was a beauty in her human's eyes.

Because it's true!

I like our other world better.

Such a Luddite!

Richard approached the stationary car curiously. This was after all, his only chance to look at those damned beauties. Every other car was zipping along too quickly for a second glance.

"Hello there!"

He waved his hand in greeting. Did people in this world speak English? Was that thing called a car here? He would have to risk it.

"Nice...car you have there."

Morpheusa looked around for a daemon but found none. Slightly disconcerted, she sat down and said nothing.

OOC: BMW 4 Series!

PM
Lexi Williams
 Posted: Jan 26 2013, 07:33 PM

Restless Dæmon

Donate

Character Profile

Still frozen, she watched as they approached, eyeing her car like kids in a candy shop. Kids... Plural. For some reason she got the same vibe from the tiger. It seemed well behaved, so she allowed herself to relax.

"Do you have a permit for that tiger? Its illegal to own one as a.."

She didn't want to say pet.

"Er, without one."

Still, the animal fascinated her.

"Um, thanks. BMW, M4... Its not so useful now with a popped tire. Do you have a car? Or a horse that i could get to town on?"

Leave it to her to be a BMW-owning, fashion designing city girl, and still know how to handle a horse. The guy seemed to show up out of nowhere and there wasnt anything but that tiger with him. Then, her instincts kicked in and she held out her hand.

"Oh! Sorry, I'm Lexi. You are?"
PM
Richard Mackenzie
 Posted: Jan 27 2013, 05:17 AM

Donate

Character Profile

"I'm Richard. Richard Mackenzie."

He offered his hand to shake, wondering over the mention of the horse. A horse! Why would they bother with a horse when they had fast cars in this world? Strange!

Maybe their horses are faster than cars and eat white tigresses like me!

Oh shut up Morpheusa.

She sulked most magnificently by his side and kept a watchful eye on their surroundings. Most of the other cars were ignoring them, although she thought she could see them throwing her a glance or two.

Richard, they SAW me!

You idiot, anyone could see you. You're not exactly hard to miss.

"I've a...permit for this tiger. She's an animal I'm training for the circus."

Richard ploughed into the same story he used before.

"Sometimes I take her out for walks and make sure she's acclimatized to meeting humans. She won't bite as long as you don't touch her, in fact, she's about as harmless as your...car. It's a car, isn't it? It looks absolutely fantastic!"

He looked at it again in absolute awe.

PM
Lexi Williams
 Posted: Jan 27 2013, 06:36 AM

Restless Dæmon

Donate

Character Profile

Richard. Pretty commonplace name. As long as she didnt try to pet it... It wasnt the fear, but an invisible barrier that made her keep her distance. It made her anxious to think about it, and her brow furrowed slightly. Replacing it with a smile and nod, she had to accept his explanation about the tiger.

"Oh! The circus. You seem to be doing pretty good with that, considering im still standing."

A strained laugh. Looking down the road both ways, a hand went to her hair to ruffle it slightly.

"Well it doesnt look like i have a quick way out of this."

A nagging question in the back of her mind finally bubbled to the surface. Gaze was turned toward the man and her heartrate quickened.

"How... How did you get here? I saw you.."

Saw him what? Appear out of thin air?
PM
Richard Mackenzie
 Posted: Jan 27 2013, 02:48 PM

Donate

Character Profile

Oh, shit. What was he going to say now? Could anyone in this world appear out of a window? Were windows even known in this world?

"I'm not from around here, actually. I came with a car and I had to walk the rest of the way."

What would help this little story was the knowledge of where exactly were they? Was this a city? Did cities exist in this world? His daemon looked behind her. The window was still barely shimmering in the sun and right now, it was very tempting to make a wild dash for freedom.

Oh shut up Morpheusa.

He petted his head and grinned at the girl in front of him.

"So...why is your car not moving? Did you stop it?"

Richard extended a hand and petted the car the way he had petted Morpheusa. It was cold to the touch and he nearly recoiled immediately. It was similar to the cars in his world, but not quite identical. Some sort of metal maybe. Fucking amazing either way.

PM
Lexi Williams
 Posted: Jan 27 2013, 07:48 PM

Restless Dæmon

Donate

Character Profile

Of course, she didnt believe him. She knew what she saw. The abnormally uneasy feeling seeped in while she tried to answer him.

"No, the tire popped. Some fool left nails in the road..."

Eyes trailed off to that spot of moving grass while he examined the car. Maybe she was on one of those T.V. prank shows. The thought brought a sly grin to her face and she ambled on past him, across the road toward the spot. Maybe she'd win money for figuring it out. Ignoring any protests the man might throw out, she crossed her arms and stopped in front of it. It had to be a glass room or something.

What she saw was no room. There was a different landscape through it. Mind had trouble comprehending it, and she started to wish she had just stayed by the car. One hand held out to try and touch it. Maybe it was just a painting or something.... Yet, it moved. And a slight breeze touched her face.

"What.. is.. this"

Lexi stammered, then sat to keep herself from fainting or something. Ugh. Curiosity killed the cat. And this was sure doing a number on her.
PM
Richard Mackenzie
 Posted: Jan 28 2013, 01:43 AM

Donate

Character Profile

"Your tyre...popped?"

Richard got down on all fours and touched the wheel gently. They looked to be similar to the cars in his world, but were much thicker, with strange...engravings on it. Why were there lines on the tyres? Was this the explanation of the vehicle's speed?

Morpheusa! Come take a look!

I'm standing here and keeping watch!

Don't be stupid! I think I found the secret to the cars in this world! Their tyres have strange carvings on them!

His daemon ambled over and gave the tyres a sniff. She gingerly poked an engraving and looked at it.

It is strange.

I told you!

Where did she go?

They looked around, and to his horror, found the lady sitting in front of the portal back to his world.

RICHARD! I TOLD YOU I SHOULD HAVE BEEN KEEPING WATCH!

The white tigress ran past her human, and if no one noticed her then, they definitely did now as cars began to slow down around them, only to speed away again. Richard felt a sudden painful yank in his heart, and he was forced to tear himself away from the tyre towards his daemon.

MORPHEUSA! DAMNIT!

He scrambled towards Morpheusa and nearly walked into the lady, now sitting on the grass.

"Are you all right, Miss?"

Did she see anything?

YOU'RE ASKING THE WRONG PERSON, RICHARD. DO YOU HAVE A PLAN FOR THIS?

Of course I do.

Richard gently touched her shoulder and asked her again.

"Miss?"

PM
Lexi Williams
 Posted: Jan 28 2013, 02:01 AM

Restless Dæmon

Donate

Character Profile

Her eyes were locked on the window. Stunned, she didnt hear the man until he put a hand on her shoulder. Oh. The curiosity wouldve taken all 9 lives, as she got up and walked around it. Nothing. There wasnt anything solid behind it, and it disappeared from that angle.

"What is this?"

She repeated. Fear turned to wonder as she went around to the front again. The other landscape was still there. The physical existence of it seemed impossible. Without asking, she stepped forward into the space in the air.

Looking back, it was the same. Only a patch showing the road. Walking back in, her hand covered her mouth and wide eyes watched Richard.

"This is... incredible."

She didnt need an answer. This was a different place. Something that didnt belong to her own world.
PM
Richard Mackenzie
 Posted: Jan 28 2013, 02:44 AM

Donate

Character Profile

Seeing no choice, Richard stepped through the window with the lady. He looked back at her car mournfully before Morpheusa jumped in.

FORGET THE CAR, RICHARD! WHAT'RE WE GOING TO DO NOW?

The man looked around them. The alleyway was quiet, but the road behind them was too exposed. Leaving her here was out of the question, and so was killing her.

You want to KILL her? That's your plan?

We need to keep this confidential, Morpheusa! I can't have her going back to her world and telling everyone about this!

Maybe she knows about the other worlds theory! Richard you can't kill her because of your own mistake!

I'm thinking of the big picture! Anything's possible, Morpheusa!

His daemon sat on the familiar cobbled stones in her world and scowled.

"Miss? Are you all right? This...may take some getting used to."

PM
Lexi Williams
 Posted: Jan 28 2013, 05:31 AM

Restless Dæmon

Donate

Character Profile

Looking back into the unfamiliar place, she raised her brows at him.

"Well are you going to tell me or not?"

She loved her life here. There were so many things she was looking forward to. But still, this other... world intrigued her to a point where she felt like abandoning her car right there on the side of the road.

"Look, im a pretty open-minded person."

And yet, the uneasy feeling grew. She did a good job at hiding it.

"I can call my friend to get my car... Where does this lead to?"

Her hands caressed the edges of the gap, trying to make sense of it.
PM
Richard Mackenzie
 Posted: Jan 28 2013, 03:52 PM

Donate

Character Profile

"No that isn't necessary. Don't call your friend."

The last thing he needed was another person stumbling through the window. One was more than enough.

"This place you see before you, it's where I come from. That...window you see is a portal to where you live. It's...connected."

Richard watched her reactions closely as he uttered his next words.

"I'm not talking about a place where you can find on a world map. I've reason to believe that the places are entirely separate. Almost as if this is an entirely new world from yours."

PM
Lexi Williams
 Posted: Jan 28 2013, 11:44 PM

Restless Dæmon

Donate

Character Profile

Something inside her encouraged her to go explore this place. Her tire popping must have been fate.

"Like, a different world?"

Lexi's mind had a bit of difficulty putting it into perspective, but she still managed somehow. This was unbelievable! A whole new world to experience. How many things would be different? And then the most obvious difference came to her again, and her eyes found his companion.

"And the tiger? Are all animals so tame here?"

As if on cue she watched a person way off in the distance, getting into some sort of buggy with a mass that looked like a small leopard. Woah.

"Incredible.."

She whispered, looking back once to make sure her world was still there.
PM
Richard Mackenzie
 Posted: Jan 30 2013, 01:41 AM

Donate

Character Profile

"Actually, no."

Morpheusa spoke up for the first time since meeting the lady -

Must be just so difficult for you.

Shut up Richard.

And approached her slowly.

"I'm not an animal. I may take the shape of an animal, but I'm Richard's soul. I'm..."

Don't start the Dust theory now!

"I'm a physical manifestation of his soul and I walk beside him. That leopard you saw wasn't an animal. It was a soul like me. Everyone in this world has a soul. We're called daemons. We won't hurt you. I promise."

"Well THAT'S a relief. Why don't you extend the same courtesy to ME, Morpheusa?"

"Shut up Richard."

The white tigress turned towards the lady and held her gaze with her electric blue eyes.

"Humans cannot touch daemons at all. That's the only rule you need to know right now. Animals exist, of course, but most "animals" you see beside a human are...well, daemons."

"And most daemons don't talk like her. They stay silent. Do you understand, Miss? It can be...hard to absorb. And we don't have your cars, of course. Your cars are bloody marvelous. Ours look like turtles compared to yours. Look!"

He pointed at a car chugging past them. Richard would have called it a respectable speed a few weeks ago, now he called it a turtle creeping towards its destination.

PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Will's World | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
RPG Collection Pokemon Enara Murders & Roses London Times Distant Fantasies Synthetic Truth Roleplay Ads The Writers Forum Roleplay Hub Pandora's Ascension New Born Muse 2.0 Obscura The Victors' Spoils Crossed Realms