Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Into The Light
Lord Asriel Belacqua
 Posted: Nov 27 2014, 04:22 AM

I have nothing to say to you. Aid me or leave.

Group: Admin
Gold: 2585

Donate

Species: Human
Affiliation: Republic of Heaven
Character Profile
Played By: Remus

Awards: None

The pack dogs pulling Asriel's sleigh panted and barked as they entered deeper and deeper into no man's land. A sort of questionable territory which were ruled by the panserbjornes on paper (if the bears bothered with that sort of thing), but which were, in reality, filled with cliff ghasts, witches which used the territory to settle disputes on internal matters and Arctic foxes which dispersed in the wake of his dogs.

And above them, like an all seeing all watching entity, the city in the North. Some may call it God's Golden City watching over them; the richer, more uneducated ones would have even considered a pilgrimage to a hole in the sky, if not for the Magisterium's blanket ban on the mere mention of it.

Asriel just thought it was a bloody convenient place for a window to open to another world. Away from the Magisterium, from idiot pilgrims who would no doubt worship it as another sign of God's Will, or what have you's. The cold was a small price to pay and the panserbjornes' loyalty were placated with Mackenzie's gold.

For now.

We are here.

Stelmaria, slightly ahead of him, had slowed down and he immediately pulled the reins.

"Heel!"

The dogs instantly heeded his commands and they all, to a dog, stopped. Yet another advantage dogs held over their so called masters. Their owner stepped out and began untying the equipment they were dragging on the sleigh, before heading over to give the alpha dog one friendly pet on the head and an ear rub while waiting for Stelmaria. The snow leopard dug nine small holes each at an exact equidistant from each other before nodding at her human.

He headed off to the sleigh and carried the drills over one by one.

Day 37 of testing the ice samples around the aurora borealis.

user posted image

Sig made by Lala!
PM
Trehan
 Posted: Nov 29 2014, 07:53 AM

Restless Dæmon

Group: Members
Gold: 160

Donate

Affiliation: Magisterium/The Kingdom of Heaven
Character Profile
Played By: Trehan

The Svalbard could be either the best place to assassinate someone, or the worst. For one, it was relatively deserted. It would be quite easy to kill someone and leave without anyone knowing. A search party would be sent out to try and find the target, although by the time they reached the body it would be too late and the assassin would be half away back home by then. This was where Trehan came in. Although he was only young, the Trehan had been training to follow in his father’s footsteps for his whole life. As such, he was quite experienced at his mere 20 years. Not only this, but Trehan was born and raised in Denmark. He knew the Svalbard like the back of his hand, and was well suited to the cold environment. Trehan also had contacts, so it would not be hard for him to get out to where his target was due to be.

The Republic of Heaven had no idea that the Magisterium had eyes on the inside. They had no idea that Trehan was tracking their beloved Asriel Belacqua, nor that Trehan knew exactly where the man would be on this exact day. This thought caused the young man to smirk as he sat on the sled being manned by an old friend. Emeyitari ran gracefully alongside the sled, while Edvin’s artic fox dæmon sat curled on the end of the sled.

“Hvor meget længere er der til at gå, Trehan?“ Edvin shouted over the wind, speaking in their native tongue.

“Bare stop nu. Jeg ved, hvor vi er, og jeg kan komme tilbage fint,” Trehan replied, sitting up a little and looking back at his friend as the sled came to a stop. The dogs at the front of the sled seemed happy with their work, and were now sitting down to take a short rest.

“Er du sikker?” Edvin asked, a look of worry crossing his snow-worn face.

“Ja,” the younger man reassured, swinging his legs over the side of the sled and pulling his bag of supplies with him. “Jeg ved dette sted. Tro mig, broder,” he added, roughly taking his friend into a hug. Trehan was used to these lands. Besides, they were not too far away from the main city. Standing back, Trehan watched as Edvin and the group of pack dogs went off again. Edvin knew better than to argue with Trehan, so then the exchange was easy. Edvin had agreed to take Trehan out to the Svalbard, but there had been no talk of how Trehan would return.

You are foolish, Trehan. Why can we not track Asriel once he has returned with the samples? Emeyirtari said with a bored tone, flicking her tail as she moved closer.

“Because,” Trehan said, switching back to English. “If Asriel returns with the samples, they will have an advantage. Besides, he might have some data that we can steal from his dead hands.” Smirking, Trehan glanced around the area. To anyone else, it would seem like they were in a desolate wasteland with nowhere to go. Not for Trehan. He had explored the entirety of the Svalbard, and he knew exactly where they were. Trehan was not sure where Asriel would have any weapons. The tigress seemed to sigh as they began the long treck towards the coordinates that had been acquired for them. The whereabouts of Asriel was well known. Unfortunately, there would no sneak attack this day. Snow swirled around them and the icy wind was strong – his bow and pistol would be useless here. No, the only course of action would be to get close and personal with the fabled Lord Belacqua. There was a reason why he had only brought a few of his best knives, some food and water. It would be stupid to bring his bow, Trehan did not want to give himself away that easily.

After less than an hour of walking through the snow, Emeyitari perked up as she scanned the horizon. I think I see them, she told Trehan. Squinting ahead, Trehan could just make out a figure bending over the ice. As they neared, he could just see the snow leopard dæmon who was almost invisible against the icy backdrop. His father had been sure to teach Trehan how to lie through his teeth, along with feigning stupidity.

“Good evening, friend. Or is it morning? I can’t tell,” Trehan said with a nod of his head, looking relieved at the sight of another human being. His Danish accent was not thick, but it was easy to place. “We were with a group of scientists, but there was a storm and we were separated. Thank god I found you, we’ve been wandering for days,” he added, shaking his head as Emeyitari sat next to them. Trehan had allowed his facial hair to grow out, and indeed his clothes did look worn. He was not lying about the storm either, which had been quite large and would have made it easy for someone to get separated and go missing from the group. Squinting through the snow, Trehan looked down and examined the man’s equipment and sled.

“My name is Djorn. Do you have any food? I haven’t eaten anything proper for a few days,” he asked, rubbing his stomach as he did so.

((OOC: I used google translate for the Danish. Sorry I got carried away!))
PM
Lord Asriel Belacqua
 Posted: Nov 30 2014, 01:19 AM

Donate

Character Profile

OOC: It's cool, don't worry!

Nobody came to Svalbard with scientists.

Nobody should have come to Svalbard with scientists.

Asriel's back stiffened as he stood up straight, making no attempt to disguise his suspicion. Stelmaria immediately stopped marking the holes and headed towards the stranger, effectively creating a barrier between him and Asriel.

"No. No food."

Danish, by the sound of that accent, a language which Asriel had a working knowledge of. The stranger came with no sleigh, no dogs, almost as if he had appeared out of nowhere.

The panserbjorne would not have allowed a stranger to trek so far into Svalbard. The ice palace is at least a hundred miles from here.

Her human grunted at Stelmaria's telepathic comment, but otherwise did not respond to her. A fight in the desolation of an ice field with no witnesses but seals and cliff ghasts was not what he would call encouraging. The dogs were still leashed, and well out of the way to be considered an asset. And when it came to reaching for the revolver at his hip, he was not sure who was quicker at the draw...or what Djorn had under those fur skins.

It would make strategic sense to play along.

For now.

"Are you here to study the aurora borealis as well?"

user posted image

Sig made by Lala!
PM
Trehan
 Posted: Nov 30 2014, 08:48 AM

Restless Dæmon

Donate

Character Profile

I told you that you are foolish, Emeyitari said with a bored tone, watching the snow leopard carfully as she flicked her tail.

It was obvious that Asriel was aware that Trehan was up to no good. It seemed impossible for the young man to be out here on the ice fields alone. It did not matter that much, however. Who was going to save the precious lord out here in the middle of nowhere? Despite his target obviously being unsure, the older man opted to play along regardless. Perhaps this would be more entertaining that he was originally expecting.

"That is a shame," Trehan replied with a light shrug. If Asriel was out here without food, the man would most likely not be staying out here for long. Albeit Trehan knew that his story was not very believable, but hopefully his Danish accent would assist him. This was part of his homeland, after all.

“Yes, I am. You must have a good head about you to be out here alone,” the young man said. “I am not a fully-fledged scientist, but they took me on this expedition for experience.” This second part could be taken either way. It made sense for a group to take very intelligent students with them on an expedition, but then it was very unlikely. I do not think you are very good at stories, the tigress said, keeping her deep green/yellow eyes on the snow leopard before her. Emeyitari was almost twice the other daemon’s size, so the fight would be easily won.

“Have you found anything of interest? I may as well try to work even though I got separated.”
PM
Lord Asriel Belacqua
 Posted: Dec 1 2014, 01:55 AM

Donate

Character Profile

"That depends on what you mean by interesting. What's your field of study?"

Asriel continued to keep his eye on the man before him as he knelt down and very very pointedly stuck a sharp drill into the ice.

Nobody takes a student to Svalbard for experience. I expected better from...the person sending him.

The Magisterium.

His daemon flicked her eyes almost lazily at Djorn's tigress-daemon. She refused to move from her position in front of her human. This was not a time for subtlety.

You and I both know that the Magisterium are not the only ones who want you dead.

"And which college do you represent?"

user posted image

Sig made by Lala!
PM
Trehan
 Posted: Dec 3 2014, 01:03 AM

Restless Dæmon

Donate

Character Profile

"I'm a student, so I basically go around and study everything at this point to try and find what I'm most interested in. I do quite like studying up here, though. This is my homeland, so finding more about it on scientific terms is always wonderful," Trehan replied with a shrug, which was barely visible under the furs and warm clothes that he wore to fight away the cold.

I do not understand why the Magisterium sent you for this mission. You need more practice, Emeyitari commented, relaxing slightly and moving away from her human a little, flicking her thick tail.

"I am from Wykeham College. It is nice there and I really enjoy it, but I miss my home. When they needed people to come on this expedition I jumped at the first opportunity to come back here," the younger man said, watching as Asriel dug into the ice with his drill. "Which college do you represent, sir? I'm sorry, but I did not catch your name?"
PM
Lord Asriel Belacqua
 Posted: Dec 6 2014, 01:32 AM

Donate

Character Profile

A representative from Wykeham College? It was...vaguely possible, he supposed.

Where would they receive funding?

There are a lot of Mackenzies in this world.

And Asriel was not the Magisterium. He was not going to open fire first and ask questions later.

"I am Lord Asriel Belacqua."

There was a tone of fierce pride in his voice. Other men would have been ashamed of the history which was attached to that surname.

Not him.

"Fellow of Jordan's College. And this..."

He motioned at his daemon, who remained stock still.

"Is Stelmaria."

user posted image

Sig made by Lala!
PM
Trehan
 Posted: Dec 10 2014, 04:11 AM

Restless Dæmon

Donate

Character Profile

Trehan feigned surprise at the reveal of the older scientist's name, his blue eyes widening some.

"The Lord Asriel Belacqua?" Trehan asked in astonishment, then lowered his gaze. "Sorry, I've just heard so much about you. The good and the bad, of course. It is an honour to meet you, sir," he added apologetically.

"Stelmaria is a very pretty name, sir," Trehan said, finally allowing himself to look back up at the older man. "This lovely lady is Emeyitari," he introduced his tigress daemon, to which Emeyitari flicked her tail but remained standing next to her human.

Oh, so you get a fake name but I do not? That is hardly fair, the tigress said, relaxing some as she sat on her haunches.

Stelmaria will know if you have a different name, I would think, Trehan replied, glancing back at Lord Asriel.

"What is left for you to do here? I'm sorry if I intruded. I have no way to get back to the main city..."
PM
Lord Asriel Belacqua
 Posted: Dec 12 2014, 08:49 PM

Donate

Character Profile

Stelmaria glanced at her counterpart once as a greeting but said nothing. Words were, in her opinion, too precious to waste on strangers.

"I can point you to the direction of the city. I wouldn't recommend that you remain with me and my research. The Magisterium, as you know, has a habit of sending assassins after me. You would not want to be caught in the crossfire."

Asriel pointed at a direction towards the North.

"Although it...astounds me that someone would somehow trek through at least half a day from the nearest city to encounter...me."

OOC: That can be an invitation to start fighting if you want. biggrin.gifD

user posted image

Sig made by Lala!
PM
Trehan
 Posted: Dec 28 2014, 03:08 AM

Restless Dæmon

Donate

Character Profile

Trehan listened as Asriel spoke. No, he would definitely not want to be caught in the crossfire. He knew for a fact that the assassin sent after Asriel was skilled, and Trehan would not want to be up against that, if he were a civilian

"Of course," Trehan replied, a small smirk appearing on his lips. He looked out in the direction that Asriel was pointing and nodded to affirm the direction.

"I told you, I did not trek as you put it," he added, his bright blue eyes glinting in the dim light. He was not a stupid man, and knew for a fact that Asriel was onto him. "I should take my leave then, since it's obvious you don't want my company," Trehan said, beginning to make his way in the direction that the older man pointed.

As he neared Asriel to walk past him, Trehan moved quickly and drew a sharp dagger from within his furs. Sidestepping in case Asriel went to block him, Trehan ducked behind the older man and slashed out at Asriel's neck with a snarl.
PM
Lord Asriel Belacqua
 Posted: Dec 30 2014, 03:45 AM

Donate

Character Profile

Asriel jumped backwards as soon as the man approached him, no less because he was heading the opposite direction of where the Republican had pointed. His reflexes were immediately rewarded as the supposed scholar, now assassin, lunged towards his neck. That, he expected.

What he did not expect was the ice.

He promptly skidded on the ice as soon as he landed, no doubt looking like a fool while finding his balance. His hands, though, were already scrambling for the revolver on his hip.

Something warm trickled down his neck, and he did not need to touch it to know it was blood.

His blood.

Stelmaria glowered at her counterpart, her claws were unsheathed as soon as her human had sensed danger, of course, but he was vulnerable, at the moment. Leaving his side would leave him even more so.

So she braced herself for the tigress's claws on her fur and growled even louder.

user posted image

Sig made by Lala!
PM
Trehan
 Posted: Dec 31 2014, 04:39 AM

Restless Dæmon

Donate

Character Profile

Trehan had not expected the older man to slip on the ice and fall, landing hard. Smirking as he took this advantage, Trehan knelt down onto Asriel's chest, pinning his arm that was trying to reach the revolver with his knee. Holding the blade to Asriel's neck, Trehan spat in his face.

"You're a smart man, Asriel," he said with a smirk, pressing the blade against his neck.

Meanwhile, Emeyitari flicked her tail, baring her fangs and flexing her claws as she eyed the snow leopard. There was no need for her to attack just yet as Stelmaria was not interfering. The tigress growled, her yellow eyes fixed on the smaller daemon as she dug her sharp claws into the ice below her.

((OOC: No homo tongue.gif))
PM
Lord Asriel Belacqua
 Posted: Jan 2 2015, 02:40 AM

Donate

Character Profile

The boy's spit turned into ice the moment it left his mouth. Asriel turned his cheek to avoid it hitting his face while Stelmaria reeled in anger. Spitting? On her human?

Stand your ground. I need you there. Not here.

He turned to face Trehan and smirked.

"I am in fact, smarter than you."

Asriel raised his elbow, previously crushed under his body and pointed the revolver at the assassin's temple. It was true his shoulders were pinned to the ground, but his elbow was not.

Very rookie mistake. He wondered if the Magisterium was really trying at all.

"Slash my throat, and I will pull the trigger. Now stop wasting my time with petty threats and tell me who sent you."

user posted image

Sig made by Lala!
PM
Trehan
 Posted: Jan 2 2015, 08:26 AM

Restless Dæmon

Donate

Character Profile

At Asriel's words, Trehan's face fell. It seemed to slow down as he felt the revolver against his temple. The young man's breathing quickened, his bright blue eyes looking left and right for a moment. Upon seeing Emeyitari baring her teeth, Trehan spoke to her. No. Don't make any moves. If any of us move we're both dead.

"The Magisterium," Trehan replied simply, trying to stay calm. He did not understand. The Magisterium had told him that he would be able to do this. Had this been a trap? A test, even? Did they think that he was not good enough? Gritting his teeth, Trehan dropped the blade, letting it fall against the ice next to Asriel's head.

When Trehan thought about it, it did seem very stupid to send a young man such as himself alone to try and kill the famous Lord Asriel...
PM
Lord Asriel Belacqua
 Posted: Jan 3 2015, 03:07 AM

Donate

Character Profile

Asriel was not a very honourable man, as things went. But he was fair. And if his assailant could drop his weapon, then so would he.

The Republican got back on his feet and lay his revolver on the snow beside him. He casually stepped on the assassin's knife and pushed it towards the boy, stopping just short of sliding it back towards him.

"Did the Magisterium have a message for me? Or have they finally run out of capable men to kill me?"

Stelmaria emitted a low chuckle, her eyes never leaving the tiger in front of her.

user posted image

Sig made by Lala!
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Svalbard | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
RPG Collection Pokemon Enara Murders & Roses London Times Distant Fantasies Synthetic Truth Roleplay Ads The Writers Forum Roleplay Hub Pandora's Ascension New Born Muse 2.0 Obscura The Victors' Spoils Crossed Realms